Be a Guest
When you plan your visit to Whisper Mountain, consider staying on site in our authentic restored log home. Property owners may reserve a night at Southern Living Idea House, making their visit to Whisper Mountain a true luxury mountain experience. The price for property owners is $100.00 per night and for future property owners $250.00 per night. For more information »» Reserve Your Place
For the more spirited, consider Glamping, glamorous camping, at our historic tent camp. Our luxurious tents are 11x14 with queen sized beds, hand cut bedside tables, camp stoves and lanterns, and conveniently located near the Sky Valley Lodge, for bathroom facilities. Enjoy a cup of hot chocolate by the campfire and create memories with your friends or family.
Whisper Mountain boasts 270 resplendent acres of mountain streams, spring fed creeks, long range mountain and valley views, and miles of well-tended trails, camps and protected areas. There are three beautiful parks and two camp areas for community recreation.
Sky Valley Lodge
In constructing Sky Valley Lodge, we had in mind a restful haven, where you can exercise your body or relax your mind, work in peace, or commune with neighbors. Fabricated in a way that commemorates the skills of the area's historic settlers, our beautiful owners' lodge was hand-hewn from 160-year-old hemlock from an old barn and timbers that were harvested from the property.
Modeled after historic National Park entrances consisting of hand crafted cypress timbers and local Madison County stone to ensure integrity for generations.
Sky Valley Park
Sky Valley Park is situated just by the owner's lodge and is comprised of a large, open field for sports and general play. Lounge on the deck of the lodge while watching kids play ball in the park below. Enjoy a tranquil moment or a sunset picnic in the log framed arbor overlooking Mt. Mitchell.
Double Creek Park
This park features a path lined with dry stack stone walls leading to a picnic area just above Double Creek. Log benches nestled into natural stone outcroppings dot the path, perfect places for a respite from the trail.
Old Settlers Park
Twenty acres of meadows banked by Homestead and Whisper Creeks make up Old Settlers Park, with the historic Little Sandy Methodist Church log building at its center. Stroll along the gurgling mountain creeks with your Whisper Mountain Field Guide in hand. You are certain to discover delicate flowers, butterflies, and even little native fish.
This beautiful greenspace is connected to Family Camp via Cascade Trail, which provides a moderate to vigorous hike along Cascade creek and an old mountain pass, through a quiet, pristine valley.
- Antique quarter sawn, glass-front oak cabinets highlight a sophisticated entertaining kitchen overlooking the grand lodge with a native stone fireplace.
- Naturally lit fitness facility with sauna, handicapped bathroom, an array of equipment and free weights
- Outdoor living room with fireplace and long range views of Mt. Mitchell, Pisgah National Forest and Whisper Mountain's own Double Creek Park
- Terrace spa overlooking Sky Valley Park, beyond which lies 30 miles of awe-inspiring mountain vistas
- Upstairs business center with Internet, printing, copying and faxing capabilities
- Covered terrace with a private stone fireplace for cozy gatherings of friends.
- Spacious fine wood decks are big enough to entertain large gatherings, accommodate a band or a wedding party.